Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Body Worlds & The Brain @ Science World

The famous Body World exhibition has been in Vancouver's Science World. I've been to one of them when I was in Korea, and I've always wanted to visit it again. Science World is pretty close from where I'm living (15min walk), so I went there last Sunday (November 21st, 2010).
The ticket, however, was not at all cheap. Since it's a world-famous exhibition, I had to pay $22 for the cheapest ticket... "I hope it's worth it" I repeated to myself.
As I entered, this brain was the first to welcome me. I don't know if it's a real thing, but it sure looked nasty.
A shoulder bone. It kinda looks like a wing of an angel. Apparently the exhibitions are all from once-lived people. WICKED!
An inside view of a leg. The owner of this leg must have been a bit obese.
A skeleton. A person has 206 bones altogether.
Ahh~~ shaky image... Turns out taking photographs was not allowed in this exhibition, so this is the last photo actually taken inside the exhibition.
Now I'm outside the exhibition... but the tour still continues! This picture is taken from a book explaining how this exhibition works, and it shows how dead bodies are preserved without decaying.
Another picture taken from the same book. The arrangements of the bones and the muscles make it look like an ancient soldier with a spear and a cape. Very cool.
THE JOLLY OLD MAGIC SCHOOL BUS was also seen at the gift shop section. It takes me back to the younger days. As much as I was tempted to buy this, I had no money after buying the ticket :(
A skeleton puzzle. It scared the heck out of me when the puzzles suddenly popped out when the time limit passed.

Although I wasn't able to get good pictures, it surely was a fun experience. Next time, I will go to places like aquarium where I can get tons of pictures.